Why Do Kids Need to Learn Coding?
As we're moving towards a technology driven future, learning how to code has become an essential part of our academic life. The ability to write codes definitely gives you an edge in every sphere of your professional life. In fact, many professionals believe that coding should be taught in schools from an early age. The earlier your children learn to code, the better the chance of them being successful.
What is Coding?
Coding is a method of communicating to a computer. You could say it's the computer's language. A computer needs a specific set of instructions in order to perform the tasks we throw at it. In simple terms, codes are those specific set of instructions. All the softwares, applications, games, and many more functions we see computers perform everyday are all created by writing codes.
What benefits does learning to code offer your kids?
There are a ton of benefits of learning to code from an early age. Let's review some in 5 easy to understand pointers.
1. Coding helps children to get better at solving problems. Coding requires children to use math in order to solve problems in a logical and creative way. That for a change improves their problem solving abilities.
2. Coding helps in growing resilience and perseverance in children. Coding is an effective tool that can be used to teach children how to bounce back after failure and learn from their mistakes.
3. Coding helps kids to learn to think differently. While coding, children will need to generate an effective result from a vague set of data. This will require them to think logically and differently.
4. Coding gives children the confidence to be creative. Coding requires programmers to design something on their own and understand how to apply the feedback to their designs. This teaches them to be creative and efficient at the same time.
5. Knowing how to code ensures a better chance of getting employed in the technology driven future. A child with coding skills will have a lot of opportunities open to them in the future no matter which industry they decide to jump start their career in.
The benefits of coding are hard to summarize in five pointers. Still you should have a better understanding now of how important coding is for kids for a successful future.
Upskill offers you a Live Online Series on “Coding for Kids” that is designed to get your children acquainted with coding from an early age.
The world is dynamic. It is changing every single day and one of the tools of that change comes in the form of technology. Coding is a fun skill that can help elevate a child’s knowledge and when you mix coding with story-telling, they are getting the proper skills to establish themselves for further growth. This course will give children an outlet and basis for building an emotionally involving, engaging and stimulating time which they can apply in every aspect of their lives. These skills also have the added advantage of helping develop a stronger sense of self-awareness and confidence within kids. The course aims to enhance their coding skills and creativity and to soar beyond and achieve greater heights for their future.
Register at: Click here to register
Faizaa Fariya Hridi
Hridi has four years of experience as a freelance content writer. Her features are published in The Daily Star. She has bagged the Top Literary Award for best writing at IUB. She has four years of experience as an IELTS and English Tutor. She was the Country Representative for International Youth Forum 2019 on Inclusiveness and Inclusivity, Inclusive Environment Design for Play and Relaxation. She scored a commendable score of 8.5 in IELTS.